Canada, the Maple country, remains the safest and most sought after destination for immigrants since it is a land of immense opportunities. Canada needs young, dynamic and well-educated professionals who can meet the demands of the rapidly changing technological economy.
Canada at a Glance
- Canada had been declared among the best country in the world to live in, by the United Nations till recently.
- Total Canadian population is 33 million, with a growth rate of 0.817%
- Canada’s economy has a growth rate of 3.4%
- Canada offers free medical services to its Permanent Resident.
- Education up to grade 13 is absolutely free, while higher education is subsidized.
- Employment Insurance is offered to a person, who has worked for a minimum of 20 weeks and thereafter, gets unemployed.
|Total area||9,984,670 sq kms|
|Area comparative||slightly larger than the US|
|Population||33,487,208 (July 2009 est.)|
|Population growth rate||0.817%|
|Net migration rate||5.63 migrant(s)/1,000 population|
|Government type||Confederation with parliamentary democracy|
|GDP- per capita||Purchasing power parity – $39,300|
|GDP- Real growth rate||0.6%|