GLEE Consultancy Services

Things You Need to Know About Australia Education System

Australia is a hot study destination for international students due to quality education providers in Australia. Every year thousands of international students enter Australia for their studies. In 2013, 526, 932 international students were enrolled in education programs in Australia. Of these, there were 231,186 international students enrolled in the higher education sector. So if you and planning to study in Australia and are not familiar with Australian education system, here is what you need to know about Australian education system

Vocational Education Training

Vocational Education Training (VET) is education and training that focuses on providing skills for work. VET provides  skills to help people with various ways such as joining the work force for the first time,upgrade skills in their chosen field or move in to different career.VET courses are offered by TAFE institutes or private colleges.Some universities may also offer VET courses in addition to higher education courses. The VET sector includes certificate1 – IV, Diplomas, Advanced Diploma, Vocational graduate diploma/certificates and English Language Courses. Entry in to VET generally required study equivalent to Australia 10,11 or 12 qualification. Some courses may have subject specific or work experience requirements. 

Technical and Further Education (TAFE)

Technical and Further Education (TAFE) is the largest education and training sector in Australia. Every year thousands of international students come to Australia to take advantage of immense range of courses that provide practical skills and vocational training for a variety of courses. International students enroll in TAFE institutes to improve their chances of being accepted into higher education courses and gain practical, work-based skills to improve their employment prospects. TAFE provide education qualification from Certificate I-IV, Diploma, Advance Diploma and Vocational graduate certificated diploma.

Higher Education UG & PG

Higher Education courses in Australia are offered by Universities, Private Colleges and some TAFE Institutes. While  professional courses such as medicine, veterinary science, law and architecture  are only offered only by universities. Australian education qualification is endorsed by the Australian Govt. to make sure the recognition of of each qualification at national and international level. The major UG ad PG courses offered by higher education providers in australia are Bachelor Degree, Bachelor Degree Honours, Graduate  Certificate or Diploma, Masters degree by course or research work and Doctoral Degree.

So if you have any plan to study in Australia or want to know more about entry requirement and living expenses you can visit us or call us for free counselling. We have Qualified Education Agent Counsellors for Australia study visa.

Follow Us


Get your documents assessed by Authorized Immigration Lawyer for any type of immigration in Canada.

#BusinessVisa #InvestorVisa #WorkVisa #FamilyVisa #CanadaPR X